in Kisumu, Kenya
JULY update 2015
GREETINGS FROM KISUMU BOUND
! ! !
" Today is a GOOD DAY! I recieved word from my Kenyan Family and all is well other than my 'kids;' miss me as much as
I do them. Plans are in the making for my return as soon as the upheavel among the African tribes makes it safe for travel which, at the present,is not a good thing ! ! ! "
My travel while in the states has been limited as the needs on the field are many and as always those needs of our precious children come FIRST.
My stay stateside has been hectic and full of events which kept me busy keeping up with the various requests of our USA churches! Our Kenyan "trained" teachers have done an excellent job with caring for the boys and girls who incidentally do not cancel school during the summer months! 'Tis a year round job for them which of course means summer salaries must continue to be paid.
I wish I was in Africa with my kids.....they mean so much to me and it just breaks my heart that I can't be there to teach them, in person, about Jesus. But I support them monthly with as much as I can. Monthly income was
unexpectedly down this month and I overextended $$$ to Africa...please help us this month with as much as you can spare. We are coming up about $150 short each month.I don't want to reduce $$$ to the kids,but medical expenses have increased around here lately. Love to you all! Mrs J
These precious children...pretty much says it all. If we help to raise them right they will return to God, even if they stray. MRSJ
Our graduate students are now qualified to attend High School!!!
This is both an honor for our school and a tremendous opportunity for our students.
We are truly thankful for Gods' blessings and all our faithful supporters. Mrs J
Please send all contributions to
C/O BBFI Missions Office
720 E. Kearney St
PO Box 191
- Our school *after all testing in the province was completed and final scores had been tallied*was announcd as being top of the list of more than 280 schools (private and public) in both English and Swahili !
- It was a joyful day and parents as well as teachers beamed when each class received their rewards and were graduated to the next level!
- Many improvements have been made to our Hillview campus: new classrooms have been built and added to accomodate 50 pupils.
- Tables and chairs were built to the size specifications of each class.
- New teachers were added to our faculty.
- City water is now pumped into our facilty daily. One learns in Africa not to take anything for granted ! No more rationing of cups of water.
- And the best is for last: The entire land area needed for HILLVIEW has been purchased.
We are thankful and appreciate all the kindness you have showered on Hillview, the teachers and our kids. Please keep us in your prayers for safety and good health.
Anakubariki sana (May God richly bless you),continue.
God bless you today and everyday !
Mrsj, Teachers and Kids.